Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Prada Spring/Summer 2011


If its one thing I've always wanted to do, it is to go to Milan Fashion Week. However, after seeing some of the photographs I've seen I think it's a bad idea.
I'm going to be that person who has to cause a scene and faint, then an ambulance has to arrive, then the whole show stops.
After seeing the photographs from the Prada Spring/Summer 2011 show, I fainted ... at home. Unfortunately there was no ambulance and the show didn't stop.


Never in my life have I seen one fashion show that has the same amount of consistency as this one. It's all colour and creativity and also very reminiscent of Art Nouveau. This is not the first time that Art Nouveau has been of influence in a Prada show. The photograph on the left is from the Ready to Wear Spring 2008 Show in Milan. This was the first time I saw Prada using motifs from Art Nouveau. They have once again been able to transform Art Nouveau into a modern print and pattern that all people who have a sense of style would love to own.
As soon as I saw this show on The Sartorialist Blog I knew that I had to see it for myself and blog about it.
This is one of those blogs were I'm not even supposed to say anything, just put the photo's up and make everyone else aware of such amazing-ness.


Reminds me of Willy Wonka's sunglasses from the 2005 Charlie And The Chocolate Factory remake.




Stripes have made a come back this season. I only think we'll see the impact of stripes in South Africa either next year January - June or 2012 January - June. At the moment it's just nautical stripes in South Africa.


The LBD is an essential in all wardrobes. Prada keeps the colour and creativity with the accessories. Loving the platforms.


It's only after looking twice do you realise that the print is that of monkeys. Once again it keeps to the stripes trend and shakes up the two-tone dress trend by having two different patterns. This is one outfit that women would walk into a shop and buy without hesitation. It's also my favourite outfit from the show.


Illustrates a strong Art Nouveau influence.





Stripes, Stripes and even more stripes.









When I see these photographs, I think of the working woman. However the day we see South African women dressing like this to work will be the day South African women leave the stereotype and care only of their own opinions. However even when they dress like this, they might be dressing like this so they can impress and push another stereotype.
This show has beach, date, work and casual outfits. When I have the money, I shall walk into Prada and buy everything but the mannequin.


It was an exquisite show that should teach women to think outside the box, or even throw the box away completely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do not take credit for any images used except those created by myself. Powered by Blogger.