Wednesday, 23 February 2011

83rd Annual Academy Award Predictions


So the Oscars are about to grace us with their presence. But who will take home Oscar gold. Well I guess we'll have to see. However I have decided to predict who will take home the gold. Will my predictions be correct? (I'm 70% sure that 80% of them will be correct). So shall we begin? I think so.
Best Animated Feature Film of The Year
Nominees:

  • How To Train Your Dragon
  • The Illusionist
  • Toy Story 3
My prediction: Toy Story 3

Best Achievement in Directing
Nominees:

  • Darren Aronofsky for Black Swan
  • Ethan Coen, Joel Coen for True Grit
  • David Fincher for The Social Network
  • Tom Hooper for The King's Speech
  • David O. Russell for The Fighter
My prediction: David Fincher for The King's Speech

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Nominees:
  • Amy Adams for The Fighter
  • Helena Bonham Carter for The King's Speech
  • Mellissa Leo for The Fighter
  • Hailee Steinfield for True Grit
  • Jacki Weaver for Animal Kingdom
My prediction: Mellissa Leo for The Fighter

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Nominees:
  • Christian Bale for The Fighter
  • John Hawkes for Winter's Bone
  • Jeremy Renner for The Town
  • Mark Ruffalo for The Kids Are Alright
  • Geoffery Rush for The King's Speech
My prediction: Christian Bale for The Fighter

Best Peformance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Nominees:
  • Annette Bening for The Kids Are All Right
  • Nicole Kidman for Rabbit Hole
  • Jennifer Lawrence for Winter's Bone
  • Natalie Portman for Black Swan
  • Michelle Williams for Blue Valentine
My prediction: Natalie Portman for Black Swan

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Nominees:
  • Javier Bardem for Biutiful
  • Jeff Bridges for True Grit
  • Jesse Eisenberg for The Social Network
  • Colin Firth for The King's Speech
  • James Franco for 127 Hours
My prediction: Colin Firth for The King's Speech

Best Motion Picture of The Year
Nominees:
  • 127 Hours
  • Black Swan
  • The Fighter
  • Inception
  • The Kids Are All Right
  • The King's Speech
  • The Social Network
  • Toy Story 3
  • True Grit
  • Winter's Bone
My prediction: The King's Speech
That is what I think. I went to imdb.com to cast my vote. (I pretended as if this vote actually counted towards the real thing). And this is what imdb.com voters have to say about who will win Oscar gold.
Best Animated Feature
Toy Story 3

Best Director
David Fincher - The Social Network

Best Supporting Actress
Helena Bonham Carter - The King's Speech

Best Supporting Actor
Christian Bale - The Fighter

Best Actress
Natalie Portman - Black Swan

Best Actor
Colin Firth - The King's Speech

Best Picture
Inception
Will the following predictions come true? I guess we'll have to wait and see. The 27th of February is around the corner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do not take credit for any images used except those created by myself. Powered by Blogger.