Saturday, 16 April 2011

Adele - 21


Every single day I wonder to myself, "Which music will I pass down to my children?". My parents gave me Sting, Bruce Springsteen, The Police, and too many more to mention. Now I don't want to be giving my children Kesha or Rihanna. Yes we all love having a good time to that music but it is not quality music at all. Then I heard Adele's 21 and I realised that I had found the music I was going to pass over to my children.



The scars of your love remind me of us,
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all,
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless,
I can't help feeling ...

I knew I would be obsessed with this album but I never knew how obsessed I would be. Even though every song on the album speaks about her heartache, every song is different. There is also a song for every person and mood.


If I wear to compare this album to 19, I would say that she is a lot more mature in this album. Her heartache is still the same but it doesn't seem like she's dealing with young boys anymore.

Whether or not you have experience your own heart break you can still feel her heart breaking with every lyric she sings.
Not only has Adele provided us with good music, she has also given many people a way to say goodbye to those who have hurt you.


Nevermind, I'll find someone like you,
I wish nothing but the best for you, too,
Don't forget me, I beg,
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead,"
Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead, yeah,


It is going to be a very long time before we see another singer like Adele. Unlike these other 'singers' running up and down the stage, Adele actually knows what singing is and she pours her heart and soul into it.
It reminds my mother of the music she used to listen to when she was a lot younger which means that I could most probably pass this on to my children. Yes I love these Rihanna's but they aren't making quality music. They making what we call going-out-music. When we are old and taking care of our children we aren't going to be going out like we used to when we were 21.

Before I heard the 21 album I would only read people's Facebook statuses about it. Mind you these people didn't even listen to 19. I listened and loved 19 and I feel like I have been with Adele throughout all her heartbreak. My sister and I used to call her our sister.
Adele will forever be our sister.

While I wait for 23, 25 and all the other albums I will listen to my sister's heartbreak.

Adele is the musical legacy I will pass to my children.
Thanks Adele


1 comments:

Espana said...

Let me start by saying I'm a 42 y.o female. While at my office about 3 weeks ago, a song came on the radio that stopped me in my tracks. I got out of my chair, went to check the radio station and immediately did an internet search to find out what this heavenly voice was. It was Adele singing "Rolling in the Deep". That night I went home and ordered this cd.

Post a Comment

I do not take credit for any images used except those created by myself. Powered by Blogger.