Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Pinterest


After reading a few tweets I stumbled upon this new website pinterest.com. I wasn't really sure as to what it was and the name didn't really say much either. I thought it was another facebook, another twitter. I was mistaken.


What is Pinterest?

"Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.

Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."  - pinterest


I have never had a physical pin board but I have always wanted to collect all my favourite things. I tried tumblr and as you can recall from my To Tumblr or To Not Tumblr blog post, tumblr.com was a fail. So I decided to try Pinterest, maybe this would be the perfect platform for me. And it was and still is.


At the moment my pinterest account consists of 12 boards.


This is the main page of my pinterest: pinterest.com/zovuyomputablog



One of the first boards I created was Female Fashion: This board consists of my favourite female fashion outfits. I have featured everything from couture to street wear and there is something for everyone who likes my taste.



Male Fashion: This is the male version of the female fashion board. Here is were I collect all the items of clothing and outfits I think men should wear! In my dream world all males would dress like this, dream being the key word!



Blog and Polyvore: This board contains all my latest blog and polyvore posts. If you want to follow my blog or polyvore via Pinterest, this is the board you would follow.


Fashion Accessories: This is where I pin all my favourite shoes, jewellery, bags and more. If you look at the board you'll see it has male and female items, I did not see the point of having separate fashion accessory boards.


Beautiful Women: This board is dedicated to the beautiful women of the world.


Stylish Couples: As you have gathered by now, I am a fashion lover. Fashion is so much better when it's illustrated by two people and that is why I created this board. Usually people in couples inspire each other in everything including fashion, so why not collect all couples who look nice, together, as a cohesive unit.


Family And Friends: Here is where I collect images of famous families and friends, fictional and real.


Cool Guys: There are so many cool guys in the world. Fictional and real. This is where they all come together.


Cool Girls: The female and cooler version of Cool Guys.


Film And Television Couples: I am a great lover of film and television and the characters portrayed. I use this board to collect images of my favourite film and television couples.


Food: Who doesn't like food? This is where I collect my favourite foods, food I would like to taste and cook!


Warning: Don't view on an empty stomach



Art, Print And Photography: I am a Multimedia student and I have been exposed to many different forms of art. It's this exposure that has lead me to love different forms of art, print and photography. This board contains collections of my favourites and even some infographics and data visualisations.



Nina Garcia is the owner of my favourite pinterest: pinterest.com/ninagarcia. If you are a lover of fashion and fashion trends, this is the pinterest to follow. She categorises her boards into different trends and seasons. All the big trends are there and it they are beautiful to look at.

Please do take a look at my pinterest if you are interested in my favourites. I know my blog isn't really about me so if you want to learn more about what I love, my pinterest is the perfect platform to follow. If you have a pinterest send the link to me and I will take a look. Either
  • comment below with your link
  • e-mail me: mputa.zovuyo@gmail.com
  • tweet me: @zovuyomputablog

Definitely get yourself a pinterest account if you haven't already digitally collected your favourites.


Happy Pinning





3 comments:

Nina Munchen said...

Pinterest is a great way to socialized with everyone :)
I love Pinterest's unique interface :)

Just in case you haven't heard. There's also another site developed for Pinterest user to submit their favorite pins, discuss and do social voting as well. You might want to check it out.
www.pinfaves.com

don't forget to vote, there's a $15 Amazon Card weekly for the most votes :D
if you are not sure about it, you can visit http://blog.pinfaves.com/

and guess who's the winner this weeks? not me :(
http://blog.pinfaves.com/2012/04/winner-of-last-weeks-contest-and-this-weeks-contest/

A "cheery" disposition said...

I'm addicted to that sight!

Marissa, After Party Flats said...

Lovely pins! Love Pinterest!

http://www.afterflats.com

Post a Comment

I do not take credit for any images used except those created by myself. Powered by Blogger.