Wednesday, 31 July 2013

100 000 Views Later


I knew my blog would one day reach 100 000 views. What I didn't know is how it would look, what I would be writing about and who would be reading it when it did reach 100 000 views. A lot has changed since my first post in 2009 and I have grown into a different person with different ambitions since then.


When I started off in 2010, I never thought I would be where I am now. The blog started out as a platform for me to keep up with fashion trends and in 2013 I still do the same and even more. Not only did I stay in touch with trends and world news, I also remembered what I really love and what I am really good at.
I have loved fashion since I was about eight years old and even though I might not pursue fashion design, I really want to pursue fashion journalism and digital marketing. Thanks to my blog I can finally do such.

Over the years I have added several features to my blog and expanded on various platforms. I started a tumblr blog in 2012, WZS, What Zed Saw. Even though I have many more followers on tumblr, because it is easier to follow on tumblr, many people still know me from Zovuyo Mputa Blog. Over the last couple of months I have added my own photography to the blog and videos as well. Even managed to get reblogged by Topman!

The Topman Denim Lookbook

I don't know what else to write in this post. I guess I should just say thank you to everyone who has ever read my blog and helped me out. I really love blogging and even though other people's blogs make me question what blogging is, I still find joy in what I do.

Whenever something major happens in my blogging life I will most definitely write about it and put up a few photographs.

To anyone starting a blog or in the beginning stages of a blog, don't worry about who is reading your blog. Don't even question if your blog gets read. Just because you are not the top blogger in South Africa, or your country, does not mean no one is reading.
I remember when I had 100 views, thought no one was reading but I still kept on writing because I loved it. Now I'm at 100 000 views and I couldn't care less about who reads my blog and about how many people follow it. If you keep blogging for yourself you will reach 100 000 views without even counting.

Happy blogging and happy reading!

LIKE Zovuyo Mputa Blog on Facebook | FOLLOW Zovuyo Mputa on Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do not take credit for any images used except those created by myself. Powered by Blogger.