Madiba In The City

To celebrate the life of South Africa's hero, Rolihlahla Nelson Mandela I have decided to have an online photography exhibition which...

To celebrate the life of South Africa's hero, Rolihlahla Nelson Mandela I have decided to have an online photography exhibition which exhibits all the photographs I have ever taken of Nelson Mandela in the city called Madiba In The City.
The exhibition is on my tumblr page, What Zed Saw and will run indefinitely.

Before the passing of Madiba, cities all over South Africa and the world had put up billboards, murals and artworks of the former statesman and out of boredom I decided to take photographs of these. Little did I know I would be using these photographs to celebrate the life of the man who made it possible for me to explore a city the way I can today, with absolute freedom.

Read The Tribute To Nelson Mandela Blog Post

I think everyone should celebrate Nelson Mandela today, tomorrow and for the rest of our lives.

If you would like to participate in the exhibition, please feel free to send me an e-mail (mputa.zovuyo@gmail.com). It would be great to see photographs of Madiba in other cities. Unfortunately I cannot travel to every city in the world which is why I would need the help of other photographers.
Your work will go onto my tumblr page and you will be credited.

Together with your photograph please send:
  • Your full name or name you would like to be credited with
  • Link to your website/portfolio/blog
  • Details on where the photo was taken and in which city
Alternatively, use the hashtag #madibaInTheCity on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr to share your photographs.
You do not need to be a photographer or even have a great camera in order to participate in this exhibition.

If you do not follow my tumblr page, you can follow the blog's facebook page and twitter account for updates on the ongoing exhibition.

Tumblr Facebook Twitter

Rest In Peace Tata Nelson Mandela

Watch The Thank You Tata - A Tribute To Nelson Mandela Video

You Might Also Like

0 comments