Fashion Resolutions 2012

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions. I usually make resolutions during the year ... short term resolutions. This year I have...

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions. I usually make resolutions during the year ... short term resolutions. This year I have decided to create fashion resolutions because my wardrobe and style is boring me. Yes, my own style bores me. So I have decided to tweak my wardrobe and fashion resolutions are needed to make sure change is made. So let's start with resolution one shall we.


Fashion Resolution 1: Trousers
Fashion Resolution 1: Trousers


I love trousers. I would really love to own red and blue trousers. What I love most is that they can be worn all day everyday and in any season. Tank tops or leather jackets trousers are for everyone and are a fashion staple.
 
Fashion Resolution 2: Sneakers
Fashion Resolution 2: Sneakers



I've never owned a real pair of sneakers. Maybe when I was much younger. I always wanted to own sneakers but I didn't think I had that cool-girl look that goes with them. Guess trying the cool-girl look never hurt anyone. And plus, I can make it my own.
Fashion Resolution 3: Heels
Fashion Resolution 3: Heels

Fashion Resolution 3: Heels by mputazovuyo featuring peep toe platform pumps


I own heels, not too many but enough for my lifestyle. Problem is, I never wear them. My wedges are obviously the most comfortable but I want to be able to wear heels to dinner as well, not just to weddings and things similar.
Fashion Resolution 4: Hair Accessories
Fashion Resolution 4: Hair Accessories

Fashion Resolution 4: Hair Accessories by mputazovuyo featuring satin clutches


I used to wear hair accessories everyday in 2009, then I lost them all! So I stopped. Ballerina ponies were the style in 2011 and I found myself doing a ballerina pony all day everyday. But it's time for some variety. This year I plan to get more head scarves and headbands.

Fashion Resolution 5: Skirts
Fashion Resolution 5: Skirts

Fashion Resolution 5: Skirts by mputazovuyo featuring a gathered skirt


I love skirts but like everything else in my cupboard, I need more. More variety ... different textures, colours basically different to what I have already. What I love about skirts is that they can be worn all year round. In winter with stockings and boots and in summer with flops and a bikni.

Fashion Resolution 6: Dresses
Fashion Resolution 6: Dresses

Fashion Resolution 6: Dresses by mputazovuyo featuring a floral clutch


Just like skirts these can be worn in every season, and I need more. I need more day dresses that I can wear during the day. I love dresses but never found them practical but I guess I always bought the wrong ones.

Fashion Resolution 7: Lipstick
Fashion Resolution 7: Lipstick

Fashion Resolution 7: Lipstick by mputazovuyo featuring crop tops



Without a doubt lipstick will trend this year and is soon to make its comeback, well it's already made its comeback. So I need to get with the trend and get myself some more colours. Red is the obvious choice for everyone but oranges and pinks are also needed.
 
Fashion Resolution 8: Colour Tops
Fashion Resolution 8: Colour Tops




Majority of my tops, t-shirts and tanks are shades of grey, black or brown. I hardly ever wear colour. At this moment I can't even think of a colour top in my wardrobe. It's obvious more are needed, I can't be living in my dull colour scheme anymore.

So those are my resolutions. I find them to be quite practical relative to my lifestyle and they aren't all to different to my style at the moment.
What are you fashion resolutions this year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments