Essence Festival Durban - Photo Essay

This past weekend I attended the first Essence Festival in Durban and I absolutely loved it. I attended the concert only as I could not make...

This past weekend I attended the first Essence Festival in Durban and I absolutely loved it. I attended the concert only as I could not make all the conferences.

Below is a photo essay of the beautiful concert that promoted the great music Africa has to offer.

Wiz Kid was a favourite for me as it was the first time I had seen him live. He is a great performer and has an amazing band. The Kanye of South Africa, AKA did not disappoint as per usual and he even bought on fellow performer Burna Boy onto stage.

Ne-yo, Black Coffe, Cassper Nyovest, Oskido, Babes Wodumo, DJ Zinhle, Big Nuz and Riky Rick were some of the other artists who performed on the night.

There was also a gospel concert on the Sunday which featured the likes of Joyous Celebration and Yolanda Adams.

Not only was it a great concert but a great reminder that Africa is the future. If you do have a chance to go next year ... go!

All the photographs were taken with my Samsung S6 as my camera no longer works so please don't complain about the photo quality.

Be sure to visit my Instagram page for GIFs from the concert.


AKA


Burna Boy


Wiz Kid

You Might Also Like

0 comments